Monday 7 November 2016

Portrait Photo shoot- Direct flash

I have really wanted to do this shoot for ages after watching Jessica Kobeissi on You tube do a shoot using direct flash. It has a look of Paparazzi or as if you were taken by surprise and can have a look of punk/rock style about it. I love this look and I am noticing it is used in a lot of fashion magazines at the moment. I feel I still have lots to learn in photography, but I am enjoying it. I am also using photoshop for all my editing, which I am teaching myself. I try and learn something new for each shoot I do.

Photography

I did the shoot in my studio in Falmouth with a white wall and one model. I used my Canon 5D mark ii with a 25-70 ml Lens Ap 2.8. My settings were 200 shutter speed, 1s0 100 and aperture 9.
I had my Yongou speedlight on my camera set to multi function and 1/4-8 power.
I had Chloe the model wear black or white for most part of the shoot, but we did add jeans at some point.

Makeup

I wanted a strong smokey eye liner and a red lip. The makeup I used was:
Mac Studio sculpt foundation- mixed colours
MUFE- concealer and corrector
Too faced chocolate palette eyeshadows and Illamasqua neutral palette
Mac Prep and prime powder
Mac red lip pencil in Redd
Mac lipstick in lady danger
Gloss used half way through YSL gloss











Credits
Photographer and makeupartist: Sally Orchard
Assistant: Sydney Paige Martin
I have put together a behind the scenes video showing step by step the makeup and the shoot. This is my first video so not perfect, but I am pretty pleased with it. ðŸ™‚

If you want to check out Jessica's shoot on You tube I have added a link:



No comments:

Post a Comment